BS OHSAS 18001 Certification
Health & Safety Management
What is OHSAS 18001?
BS OHSAS 18001 is the Internationally recognized assessment specification for Occupational Health and Safety management systems. It was developed by a selection of leading trade bodies, international standards and certification bodies to help organisations meet their Health and Safety obligations.
BS OHSAS 18001 has been designed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and to help your organisation meet their health and safety obligations in an efficient manner.
It covers the following key areas:
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- OHSAS management programme
- Structure and responsibility
- Training, awareness and competence
- Consultation and communication
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
OHSAS 18001 can be adopted by any organisation wishing to implement a formal procedure to reduce the risks associated with health and safety in the working environment for employees, customers and the general public.
How OHSAS 18001 help your business?
- Businesses that clearly demonstrate a commitment to Health & Safety will benefit in many different ways:
- Potential reduction in the number of accidents
- Potential reduction in downtime and associated costs
- Demonstration of legal and regulatory compliance
- Demonstration to stakeholders of your commitment to health and safety
- Increased access to new customers and business partners
- Better management of health and safety risks, current and future
- Reduced public liability insurance costs
How can we help you achieve – BS OHSAS 18001 Certification?
Our key objective is to make the process of certification as simple and cost effective for you as possible. A Qualified Assessor will work with you throughout the implementation and Certification process, thereby minimising any disruption to other day-to-day activities. Existing processes and systems will be utilised wherever possible, the Assessor will then work with you to design your Occupational Health & Safety Management System around the needs of the business. This way, we can guarantee successful certification and compliance.
Our guiding principles are:
1: Keep It Simple
2: Make the Standards fit the organisation – not the other way round
3: Help the business grow.
Our tried and tested process provides a seamless solution for implementation of this standard through to Certification.
For more information about the application process please click here
How much does certification cost?
We have a number of different Certification Schemes to suit every type and size of company. The cost of certification is therefore dependent on the scheme and the amount of work involved. This will usually vary dependent on the size of the business, however, we pride ourselves in being competitive and once our fee has been quoted this is confirmed in writing along with our guarantee of No Hidden Extras.
Your next step
For answers to any questions you might have or to find out how to take advantage of ISO Certification, please either fill out our enquiry form or call us on 08456 43 40 43 and one of our professional ISO Consultants will be pleased to discuss your company’s certification requirements.